Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Assignment 3



            I have taken the MBTI test officially through the University of Alabama Career Center in January of this year. The results of this test came to say that I was an INFJ. I turned out to have moderate introversion, moderate intuition, moderate feeling and slight judging personality. I feel like this assessment was accurate in how my personality is. Just for good measure, I retook the free MBTI online to see if since January my personality type has changed or differentiated in any way. When I retook the test online my results were ISTJ. I was Moderately introverted, slightly sensing, very slightly thinking, and extremely judging personality type. These changes surprised me but are only slight from where I was. These results seem to be accurate for my personality. I enjoy working alone rather than groups, prefer to think before I act, like order and an established way of doing things, enjoy organizing, and enjoy pleasing people rather than displeasing people. These qualities will help me as a special education teacher because organization and scheduling is key in a struggling students life. As a learner these results can help me find the best ways and practces for my learning styles. They show that I would do better with individual work not group work and could encourage me to work harder when placed in a group to try and make it easier for myself.
            My learning style test results were 40% Visual, 40% audio, and 20% Kinesthetic. These results are not surprising for me because I could never figure out if I was more a visual or audio learner, but always knew I was not really a kinesthetic learner. Now I know that I can improve my learning and studying skills by using a good combination of audio and visual techniques. As a teacher, understanding that all students have different learning styles and teachers can use this information to better serve each student in their teaching styles. Teachers can either use this knowledge to teach to the majority in the classroom or try to individualize and differentiate instruction for all students.

No comments:

Post a Comment